I can call myself a local of Bruges. I live just outside the Kruispoort, one of the medieval fortified city gates. I am an avid traveller who loves to explore the places I visit and experience the local way of life. I dig into the historical past and the local culture of each destination. I love to spend time in musea and libraries and get a taste of the local cuisine. Every trip resulted in loads of useful information and tips that could help other travellers. So I decided to share my knowledge and started this travel blog.
After years of blogging of far away and not so far away destinations I realized that the place I know best is Bruges, a city visited by thousands of tourists every day of the year. So what better subject for my travel blogs than my hometown! Here you can find answers to many of the questions travelers have when visiting and exploring Bruges.
- Walk in Bruges
- Chocolates, Waffles, Beer, Fries and traditional biscuits
- Public transport Bruges
- List of events in Bruges 2019
- The medieval Sint-Janshospitaal (Saint Johns hospital) Bruges
- ‘Plus est en vous’ – Sneak preview of the Gruuthuse museum that will reopen in 2019 in Bruges
- Eat like a local in Bruges
- Authentic Bruges beer, Bourgogne des Flandres, comes back to its birth place.
- Best tearooms and pubs in Bruges
- Hidden Gems in Bruges – Discover Bruges by bike 1
- Hidden Gems in Bruges – Discover Bruges by bike 2
- Picnic on a sunny day in Bruges part 1
- Picnic in Bruges part 2
- Picnic in Bruges part 3